Associations and Projects
Med Ports Community
The Port Authority of Cartagena is founding member and participates as full member of the association MED PORTS COMMUNITY.
Med Ports Community is a platform made up of the ports of Tarragona , Baleares, Cartagena , Salerno , Bastia , Sète, Livorno and Toulon . This lobby of ports tries to promote the cooperation between Spain , France and Italy and promote the cooperation between the public and the private sectors. Another of its main aims is the development of cabotage (short sea shipping) between countries in the European Union.
This is expected to be achieved by the following actions:
- I. Promote the cooperation between the public and private sectors in order to devise and propose joint solutions that will imply improvements, both in regulations and of any other kind, in matters related to shipping.
- II. Provide a description of the current shipping situation in the Mediterranean area, to recognize the perspectives and on this basis identify pragmatic alternatives of development.
- III. Promote the exchange of intra-Mediterranean opinions about the shipping situation in the Mediterranean area, to recognize the perspectives and on this basis identify development alternatives.
- IV. Promote the exchange of intra-Mediterranean opinions about the shipping situation in general and Mediterranean Short Sea Shipping.
- V. Foster understanding between Spain-France-Italy and other Mediterranean countries and cooperate on a national and European level.
- VI. Analyze the Mediterranean shipping situation as against the rest of the European Union.
- VII. Hold conferences, technical symposiums or other meetings on specific topics, in order to analyze them or their subsequent publication, if appropriate.
- VIII. Incorporate the transport nodes in an effective way analyzing the respective and link bottlenecks between them, to manage to include the combined or multimodal transport in the distribution process of the good.
- IX. Make improvement proposals with regard to shipping, both of a multimodal perspective or of a purely port perspective.
- X. Protect the own interests of the sector as against the competent bodies with regard to shipping.
- XI. Prepare studies and publications on topics of the sector.
- XII. Participate in projects within a European project framework, and if appropriate, in national or bilateral projects.
- XIII. Organization of events, acts, special symposiums, visits, as well as any others related to their social project.
- XIV. Promote and foster private cooperation in national and European programmes. Attain a close collaboration with all the agents that participate in the transport chain, with the purpose of obtaining the most complete view of the intermodal chain.
- XV. Provide the information, publicity and promotion of shipping, in its fullest concept, as well as its form of short sea in the Mediterranean area.
All of this understood, in its fullest concept, as goods and passenger transport, between ports located in the Mediterranean area.
More information in www.mpc-ports.eu