Innovación y Proyectos EuropeosActions
Innovación y proyectos europeosActions
INNOVATION: “It is every small or large change (not only technological) implanted in any field, which arises from the questioning, experience and knowledge of any person and that generates value (not only economic)”
APC, February 2017
The Port of Cartagena makes a definitive commitment to Innovation for the future of port activities, both internally and externally.
The main objective of the Innovation Department is to promote the cross-cutting nature of the organisation, both internally and externally.
We seek to be one of the axes of activity and the economic engine of the Region and the strategic development of a community is considered to be that which boosts innovation around the Port and drives the related business fabric.
Through the Innovation Committee, composed of the main agents in the organisation processes.
To carry out the digitalisation of the processes inside and outside of the APC to obtain:
- Achieving common strategies on issues such as digital transformation, social innovation, the environment… which are linked to the support areas and maintain the ties between the provision of services and supplies.
- Possibility of organising various initiatives and projects to jointly develop the Port Community and the Region.
- Obtaining innovation and cooperation spaces between the companies which form part of the port community to improve competitiveness, speed of response and sustainability.
- Generating economies of scale in group activities.
- Achieving a shared vision of all the social and economic agents involved.
This is a strategic goal of the APC and, so that this Innovation department can therefore obtain financing through European Funds.
It is essential that these Funds are aligned with the strategic objectives of the port, so that there is a dynamic effect within the development of the APC and the Region.
An efficient port not only requires an adequate infrastructure, but also good communications with the environment, good executive management and a motivated and qualified workforce.
The problems that appear are related to the dispute of resources between the city and the port. Many ports around the world have now overcome this.
The relationship between the city and the port has been based on:
- Governance principles of dialogue between the authorities of the city and port,
- Respect for the identity of the city,
- Principles of city / port cohabitation,
- Respecting the balance between the port city and the natural environment,
- Strengthening social cohesion and boosting employment,
- Encouraging economic port developments and innovative urban developments,
- Opening the city to the sea, eliminating existing physical and psychological barriers,
- Protecting historic buildings.
The Ports will also try to ensure a harmonious development between the ports and the city, taking particular care of the urban surroundings, access roads and the environment. A regional level of coordination must be taken into account for this.
When we refer to the characteristics of state-of-the-art ports we find ourselves with a port community that has a collaborative logistics network made up by many industrial sectors of the city, this adds value to maritime transport and provides competitive advantages. The benefits are reflected in the variety of direct, indirect and induced jobs and environmental- urban sustainability.
Normally the port cities, which are state-of-the-art, are tourist, commercial, industrial centres with a high quality of life for their inhabitants. None of this would have been possible without a port.
SPECIFIC SOCIAL INNOVATION ACTIONS:
- The Port Drives the Brave
- The Port - City, Saint Lucia, Innovation and Development Programme
This is just the start of an activity to be developed taking into account the new law on public sector contracts and the opportunities that are present in the application of social clauses, Innovation clauses, etc. that we find in it. APC is going to incorporate these clauses as a development of its social Innovation.